Welcome to Entrepreneurial Design!
The purpose of Entrepreneurial Design is to provide a time and space for students to think broadly about what they aspire to create and how they will do so.
The course will focus on three things:
1. Understanding the current context in which we live.
2. Developing and sharing your opinions.
3. Augmenting an interaction designer’s toolset.
All three areas are relevant whether a student’s end goal is to be an Etsy seller or a founder of a tech startup; whether they plan to raise money from venture capitalists or Kickstarter’s community; whether they want to have social, cultural, or economic impact – or all three; and whether that impact’s scope is global or local.
One of the more exciting aspects of the course are the students themselves. They’re designers with backgrounds as graphic designers, technologists, architects, artists, scientists, and musicians. More are female than male. Most have perspectives that are informed by cultures outside of the US.
This course is an experience and a journey, and as instructors, we are excited to see where the students take us.
96 Notes/ Hide
- dreams-beds likes this
- the-benpaul likes this
- nolohut likes this
- nm360 likes this
- wanderbrito likes this
- wesleychou likes this
- littlewallflower likes this
- lisaguo likes this
- richardschang likes this
- piacerepiacere likes this
- jduncan8796 reblogged this from entrepreneurdesigners
- jduncan8796 likes this
- giakang likes this
- clumproll reblogged this from garychou
- shaneguiter likes this
- niftynonsense likes this
- angulus likes this
- ronakdaya likes this
- tr3ats reblogged this from garychou and added:
- refavorited likes this
- This was featured in #Design
- entrepreneurdesigners posted this